Quick Facts about Rosacea
Rosacea is a harmless skin disorder, but it may cause one to be self-conscious or embarrassed. The exact cause of rosacea is not known. The following are some quick facts about rosacea:
- Rosacea is most likely contributed to:genetic predisposition, lack of vitamin-B, spicy food, alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, stress, ect.
- Rosacea primarily affects people with lighter skin types, though it can affect people with any type of skin.
- Rosacea typically develops between the ages of 30 and 50, and appears more commonly in women than in men.
- In some cases, rosacea may co-exist with acne. This is known as “adult acne rosacea”.
- Early stage rosacea may be misdiagnosed as a sunburn, which often causes a delay of treatment.
For more information about rosacea, please visit Rosacea Treatment Toronto.