Skin Tag Removal Toronto
Skin tag removal is one of the most commonly performed procedures at Q Esthetics. Skin tags, also known as acrochorda (dermatology), are bits of benign skin growth that hang from the surrounding skin by a narrow stalk. Skin tag can be smooth or wrinkled, flesh colored or slightly brown, and usually irregular in shape.
Skin tag may appear on any part of the human body. They are more often found on the neck, groin, armpits, eyelids, and under the breasts, and other areas where skin frequently rubs against skin or clothing.
Skin Tag Quick Facts
- Skin tags are not present at birth and may be acquired by anyone, most commonly in adulthood. They tend to be somewhat more prevalent in women than men, particularly in overweight people, and in darker skinned people.
- Skin tags start out looking like the head of a pin. With time, they will grow, and some may even grow to the size of a large grape.
- Skin tags are frequently found in pregnant women. It's believed that hormone elevations may increase the chances of skin tag formation.
- Skin tags have not been found to have the potential to become cancerous if left untreated.
- Occasionally a skin tag may fall off without any pain. This may happen after the tag has repeatedly twisted on itself at the stalk base, blocking the blood flow to the tag.
- Though some people may be more prone to forming new skin tags, there is no evidence that removing a skin tag causes more skin tags to develop.
Skin Tag Removal
If a skin tag is irritating or cosmetically unwanted, it can be removed through one of these most common methods: freezing, burning, or cutting. Home remedies are also widely available, but it is important that you consult a doctor before trying to remove your skin tag at home. Unfortunately, about 90% of our patients are those who have had disappointing experience with the skin tag removal of home remedies. Some found that they simply didn't work; some received unsightly scarring; and others experienced humiliation when requesting a refund.
Cyrotherapy is a skin tag removal treatment by freezing them using liquid nitrogen. The results of these procedures depend greatly on the performer's skill and experience, especially when removing skin tags around the eyes. Scarring or discoloration could result from the procedure if the liquid nitrogen is applied excessively.
At Q Esthetics Laser Clinic, we use electrocautery to remove skin tags quickly with minimal pain and scarring. Our medical staff uses this method to safely remove thousands of skin tags each year. Small skin tags can be removed easily without anesthesia, while larger skin tags may require some topical anesthesia prior to the procedure.
Here at Q Esthetics Laser Clinic, we understand how you feel about unsightly or troubling skin tags, and wish to give you clearer, smoother skin that you don't need to worry about any more. Please call one of our three convenient clinics to schedule a complimentary consultation today and find out how we can assist you.
Our three laser clinics are located inside MCI The Doctor's Office™, the largest group of medical centres in Canada, providing skin tag removal treatment for men and women in Toronto, North York, Mississauga, Scarborough, Thornhill, Vaughan, Etobicoke, Brampton, Richmond Hill, Markham, Woodbridge, Newmarket and other surrounding areas of the GTA.