Skin Tag Removal Toronto
Skin tag removal is one of the most commonly performed procedures at Q Esthetics. Skin tags, also known as acrochorda (dermatology), are bits of benign skin growth that hang from the surrounding skin by a narrow stalk. Skin tag can be smooth or wrinkled, flesh colored or slightly brown, and usually irregular in shape.
Skin tag may appear on any part of the human body. They are more often found on the neck, groin, armpits, eyelids, and under the breasts, and other areas where skin frequently rubs against skin or clothing.
Want to know more?
Cyrotherapy and Electrocautery Skin Tag Removal
If a skin tag is irritating or cosmetically unwanted, it can be removed through one of these most common methods: freezing, burning, or cutting. Home remedies are also widely available, but it is important that you consult a doctor before trying to remove your skin tag at home. Unfortunately, about 90% of our patients are those who have had disappointing experience with the skin tag removal of home remedies. Some found that they simply didn’t work; some received unsightly scarring; and others experienced humiliation when requesting a refund.
Cyrotherapy is a skin tag removal treatment by freezing them using liquid nitrogen. The results of these procedures depend greatly on the performer’s skill and experience, especially when removing skin tags around the eyes. Scarring or discoloration could result from the procedure if the liquid nitrogen is applied excessively.
At Q Esthetics Laser Clinic, we use electrocautery to remove skin tags quickly with minimal pain and scarring*. Our medical staff uses this method to safely remove thousands of skin tags each year. Small skin tags can be removed easily without anesthesia, while larger skin tags may require some topical anesthesia prior to the procedure.
Skin Tag Quick Facts
– Skin tags are not present at birth and may be acquired by anyone, most commonly in adulthood. They tend to be somewhat more prevalent in women than men, particularly in overweight people, and in darker skinned people.
– Skin tags start out looking like the head of a pin. With time, they will grow, and some may even grow to the size of a large grape.
– Skin tags are frequently found in pregnant women. It’s believed that hormone elevations may increase the chances of skin tag formation.
– Skin tags have not been found to have the potential to become cancerous if left untreated.
– Occasionally a skin tag may fall off without any pain. This may happen after the tag has repeatedly twisted on itself at the stalk base, blocking the blood flow to the tag.
– Though some people may be more prone to forming new skin tags, there is no evidence that removing a skin tag causes more skin tags to develop.
Esthetic Laser Clinic
Here at Q Esthetics Laser Clinic, we work with thousands of our patients each and every year, so we can understand how you feel and how to serve your needs better. You may already have problems to deal with, and you’ve likely tried many products to treat yourself at home, experiencing disappointment and frustration. Our experienced medical staff will thoroughly examine your complexion to ensure the right treatment options are offered to you for your specific needs*. There is not one solution that fits all, and your private one-on-one consultation will be the first step to regaining your beauty and health again. Rest assured we offer many different treatment modalities, and if you’ve given up, because of poor results from previous treatments, we will find effective alternatives so that you can begin to see yourself in great shape again.
Call one of our three convenient clinics today and book your complimentary consultation to find out how we can assist you.
A team of dedicated healthcare professionals who have dedicated their lives and careers to helping patients achieve their goals
Established in 2002 – Over 16 years of experience with continued growth throughout Toronto & GTA. We have three locations to serve you.
The Q Pro Team is known for quality, innovative treatment options, excellent treatment outcomes, and most importantly results.